Thursday, December 28, 2000

Smitten: Book I: Genesis: Part 2: Debbie begot Dallas

The first bullet hit me in the foot. It came in the form of a shard of glass
which was lodged rather painfully in the sole of my right foot. Of course,
at the time I had very little idea that it was a "Smite" bullet from God's
sniper rifle, but it is rare that I attribute a cut to the foot to an act of
God rather than the fact that I have walked barefoot through a minefield of
broken glass from the window that theives smashed in to gain access to my
house and steal my laptop. But in retrospect, it should have been obvious.
While glass cuts quite often travel in the company of theft, it is rare that
they associate with quitting your job and leaving overseas and certainly not
within the same exact week. Most people would call that coincidence or bad
luck. That's just denial, it was God.

I wasn't sure though. So, I decided to start writing "The Smitten". For the simple reason that God might see it and
reveal his hand. Well, consider this: I wrote part 1 over two weeks ago and
through various further "coincidences" and "bad luck" it has only been sent
now. The sequence of events will be chronicalled in the next "Smitten", but
suffice it to say I am surprised I have made it to France at all and been
able to write this.

Thus endeth Genesis. It was going to be much longer, but I got bored with
it.

"Stay out of God's radar"

No comments: