What's in my:
- DVD Player - X-Men 2: I have yet to listen to the two commentary tracks, and I think I still have some documentaries to watch.
- Playstation 2 - FIFA 2004: Yet to get the bloody thing to let me play a game online (finding players seems to be the issue, the getting online thing is fine and pretty and all, but pretty fucking useless if no-one else is logged on)
- Hands to Read - The Art Of Happiness: A Handbook for Living by Dalai Lama and Howard Cutler: Interesting and fast read, but really an introduction to Buddhism 101 catchup course. i.e the book is about the insights a psychiatrist (Butler) has concerning practical ways to meld Eastern Buddhist philosophy with Western psychiatry/psychology following numerous conversations with the Dalai Lama. Very useful as a primer for Buddhism targeted at scientific types (such as myself, I am a recent disciple of Buddhism coming from a scientific background that thought nothing of spiritual philosophies. )The author, like I did, comes to the realisation that Buddhism is more a way of life than a spiritual pursuit with emphasis on being happy and making the world a better place. He then throws a bit of psychiatry in there to ground it all. Good read.
- iPod - 3000 songs grabbed from every CD my family and I own. According to Australian law, this is illegal!!! So technically, I have no songs on my iPod. I paid $800 to play the breakout game. Currently rating all songs, or listening to the 4 star+ songs already rated, or listening to the Matrix Revolutions soundtrack. NAVRAS!
- Web browser - Matrix Essays (and the blog editor, of course) - facinating essays on Matrix 2 and 3 that "explain" the religious and philosophical themes the Wacky Brothers employ in the Matrix Trilogy (plus animatrix, plus Enter the matrix). Look out for Chas Rover in the comments section!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment