Monday, June 28, 2004

Catharsis

Had a relaxing holiday in the mountains, thanks for asking.

A week away from the net (and computers) should be compulsory. In fact, the net (and computers) should be illegal. Back to medieval times, I say.

The catharsis came from hitting Mark All As Read on my Bloglines subscription with nary a glance at the 1000 or so blog and news entries that acumulated over the week.

My knowledge of my world now has a week long gap in it. I will use that space to store happy memories.

I think I will make it a habit to defrag my mind in this way.

2 comments:

Erin said...

LOL 'Defrag your mind'?

Mate, you should've made that two weeks in the mountains!

Chas said...

Yes, it is true, my mind needs a vast amount more defragging. My usual preference is to wipe the hard disk and reinstall, which I call "Drinking Binge" and "Detox".