Monday, June 07, 2004

Resistance is Futile

"We are the blog, you will be assimilated"

I have never been one to choose a course of action simply on the merit that others have chosen it before. If something looks interesting to me, then I'll pursue it. The phrase "I think you will like it" is greeted by me with violence and abject bratism ("you don't know me!!!!").

The problem I have is the ever present fear that I am being assimilated. In saying that, as I get older, I realise that there is nothing particularily wrong with assimilation, and besides I tend to be spat back out anyway, unassimilatable.

That hasn't stopped me adding all the usual technological suspects to my blog here, including blogrolling and that little tag-counter "0 users on right now" thingy that is so popular.

But let me say this to the technology called Blogging, if anthropomophising a technology is acceptible in the current politcal environment, in the most sophisticated, mature, lucid, enunciated and polite way I can: "You are not the boss of me!!!".

No comments: