
I think this article proves one thing. Young kids know nothing about what happened over 50 years ago. Which is normal, according to moi. If they grow up to think that Anne Frank and Denzel (TM) occupied New Zealand, what's the harm? At least they have heard of New Zulland.
3 comments:
Heh. I love this ...
"A survey of 1,309 pupils aged between 10 and 14" - ignorance is bliss, but last time I checked most little english kids were experiementing with sex and getting pregnant (or was that just during Dianas funeral??
"I asked him how he knew material which we had not covered in school. He told me he had picked it up from a D-Day game he played on his computer."
PROOF! Computer Games ARE good for you! lol
They shouldn't be teaching this stuff (well, at least the hard to remember specifics) in early school anyway. I gave precisily half a rat's arse about the specifics, school is where you should learn the techniques for learning, rather than the specifics. Now that I am an old man (yes, mid 20s is old), I actually care about learning this stuff.
Most of what they mention in the article I picked up from games/movies/tv as well. Well, actually there was a version of Leisure Suit Larry years ago that required you to answer questions about the Vietnam War to get into the more adult sections of the game. I learnt alot about the war from that game.
The only thing I learnt from Leisure Suit Larry was how to close down a window quickly when someone was coming (namely my grandmother).
Maybe these kids are learning in Public Schools?
Ok, so Im a young'in too, but I loved history and this is just a shame. Mind you, I did learn a lot more from books then what my teacher (god love her - teachers pet), could explain across a room full of boneheads.
Now lets think about the future:
PM of England will be Brooklyn Beckham son of Posh and Dave.
President of the USA will be "P-rap-spag-bog", whilst not only carrying a country on his shoulders, he is also releasing a new song titled "Damn ma white house bitches".
And the PM of Australia *Drum Roll*... Will be the frozen carcus of none other John Howard. And By golly, hes doing the best job he ever has!
You can have your blog back now Chas lol
Post a Comment