Monday, August 16, 2004

Owe is for Olympics

In just over 3 hours, the qualifying heat of the Men's Air Rifle competition will commence in the Markopoulo Olympic Shooting Centre, Athens. Wearing bib number 56 is GEISSMANN, Oliver the best hope of an olympic medal for my adopted-for-the-duration-of-the-2004-Olympic-Games country, Liechtenstein. He is also Leichtenstein's only competitor. He is also up against an Aussie, which conflicts me a bit, but as I am against the shooting sports in principle I think I can deal with it. Fortunately, for my mental health, there are no French athletes in the event. I already have 4 personalities: 2 digital, 1 real French/Australian and 1 real/role play Liechtensteiner.

Anyway, enough about my mental illnesses and more about Oliver and his dream of Summer Olympic glory for Liechtenstein. Bronze will be fine, mate, as your country has never won a Summer Olympic medal.

In 2006, I will cheer the fine people of Equatorial Guinea in the Winter Olympics. Be warned.

No comments: