Winston Churchill's mother had a snake tattoo. Turns out tattoos are in the Rugby Union, hats, ties and suits category of items appropriated by the masses from the upper classes. Pity the design seems to be lost to the mists of time.
Taking it easy today, due to having a big night yesterday. Staff function. Based on Olympics. My team (Lichtenstein) got silver. Actually we got nothing. Actually we got free beer and food, but so did everyone. Fortuanately, i don't have a competitive bone in my body so had a good time. Others only had an "alright" time, which is dickhead-speak for "My life would be some much more meaningful and complete had I won". Incomprehensible to my senses.
Started a 7 week meditation course this week. 2 hours every Tuesday. I did meditation as part of a Buddhist retreat 18 months ago and what I had learnt has kept me in good stead for that time, but the skills have been gradually falling away. This course will recharge the batteries and it has already done me good. I find meditation intensely rewarding.
Thursday, August 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment