I know a bit about User Interfaces, I almost got a PhD in the field (for the record: it got the better of me), and I have to say the new Blogger UI is very neat. You can clearly see the Google influence behind it all. Blogger and Gmail both have very simple, yet powerful interfaces.
A great example is the new User Profile section. Click on any of the interests listed and a page with other users who have that same interest pops up. Obvious? Yes, but the interests are free text and the link is simply a search, which is clever. It means that if I have an interest in the most obscure thing, say "Aardvarks and their tendency to sneeze inapropriately" and someone else lists that interest, the search will link us together.
I have no interest in Aardvarks, by the way.
Monday, May 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment