It's National Heart week and, at the risk of sounding heartless, we have our first casualty. I am not a reader of the tabloid newspaper "The Daily Telegraph", but Peter Frilingos is, um was, evidently a fairly well known sports reporter in Sydney, Australia. He was on the phone to the head of the National Rugby League at the time. One wonders what was last said.
The literature for National Heart Week suggests 30 minutes of exercise a day to avoid heart problems. This has been my habit anyway over the last couple of months, and I certainly intend to keep it up, but my mind wanders to the case of my favourite author, Douglas Adams, who died May 11, 2001 of a heart attack...on a treadmill.
In fact, it must have been just over 3 years ago that I wrote my first Smitten article, as a tribute to Douglas Adams appeared not long after as a Smitten. Must be a signal to get off my butt and finally put the old Kafka's and Smittens onto Zoo/City.
So much time, so little to do. I am going to need some kind of divine motivation to get anything done.
Tuesday, May 04, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment