Friday, July 30, 2004

Amaze On/Off

An update to the book I am reading (left column). I have put down Mona Lisa Overdrive (as in the phrase "Old Yella had to be put down") in favour of A Brief History of Infinity, a book my mother recommended as it is right up my manic philosophising alley. 2 chapters in and I was ranting at my mother about how infinity can neither exist or not exist. The 3rd chapter then focused on Aristotle and lo and behold the Greek bastard was saying EXACTLY what I had just been saying. I would have been a genius 3000 years ago. Which means, I am only 3000 years in arrears. Some might call that slow. I would agree, but it would take me too long to spell it.

I have also polished off The Chronicles of Riddick X-Box game, which was a damn fine experience. It was gritty, violent, dark and humerous. Pity Pitch Black was a pile of fetid manure and The Chronicles Of Riddick movie is by all accounts of the same petigree. I am now onto Halo, made by Bungie who used to make great a series of first person shooters called Marathon for the Mac which I used to play religiously. And I do mean religiously. Halo is technically in that series, and I have wanted an X-Box from the get go for this game as Bungie makes great stories, especially in the marathon universe.

I have also attempted to join Amazon's Associates program, as it makes adding the pictures easier. Plus, if a millions people click through and buy something, I could potentially one day earn a couple of cents. To be used at Amazon, of course.

No comments: