Thursday, July 08, 2004

Where should I go? Follow the windsong.

Well, I was making a quick comment about KissThisGuy.com, a site that chronicles all the mistakes people make with song lyrics, over at Gempires and it turned into a rant (as most of my comments do). Comments on someone else's blog is probably not the place for rants, that's what blogs are for. I assume I have broken yet another Blog etiquette rule, but who reads those "rules" anyway. I may read a Blogiquette article one day, just so I can add to the fauxs pas. Anyway, here is the comment I made, in its rightful place. Apologies to Gempires for sullying her excellent blog (although it looks now like blogger has refused outright to add my comment, perhaps for the best):

"I love that site too. Nice to know that I am not the only dickhead making a fool of myself in impromptu karaoke.

My favourites from my repertoire are the “I see red, I see red, I see red” song (no idea who’s song that is) where I could swear the first line is “With my penis walking down the street, I see red…etc” Obviously, I know this can’t be. I found the correct lyric once, and immediately repressed it. I prefer my version.

Another is “Sorry, Ms Jackson…I am fo’ real…never meant to make your doggie cry”. I liked the song on the basis of its pisstake on apologising for animal abuse and when I learnt it was a heartfelt song about breaking a “daughter’s” heart, I felt the charm was lost.

I also had the entire Roger Ramjet theme song wrong my entire childhood. A girlfriend once pointed this out to me. Bitch. Needless to say, the shattering of childhood delusions does not go down well in a relationship and the love was lost.

The REAL question is whether it is a social faux pas to point out to someone that their cherished version of a song is wrong. I say YES IT IS."


And, it what can only be describes as ganglion convergence, I was doing a search on google for some high school friends, as a 10 year reunion is coming up and supect that a member of TZU, an up and coming Melbourne Hip-hop band, went to school with me (note the status-anxiety induced sentence structure - I could have said I went to school with him, but that would be a dent to my ego ). I had never heard of TZU until yesterday. I found Gempires yesterday. Today I see she mentions she likes TZU. What's the chance? How come exactly one day after learning of the existence of TZU, I see it mentioned on a blog I have only been aware of for 24 hours. Some would say coincidence. So would I. But I will be getting TZU's albumn quick smart. It looks like Karma to me.

Update:

Turns out my comment ended up on Gempire 3 times!!! I suspected as much, as blogspot was complaining, and the comment wasn't showing, yet something was fishy. Oh well. Deleted two of them, but blogspot only deletes the text, not the comment count. Again, apologies to Gempire for general sulliness.

6 comments:

Chas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gemnastics said...

No need to apologize, Spazwozzle! Like it says at the top of my blog - comment long and hard. The best thing about blogging is the interactive nature, and finding other scintillating blogs to perouse.
Thanks for the link! I shall return the honour, and will perouse your blog with much fervour when I am released from the office today.
Come back soon xxx

Gemnastics said...

PS - The TZU link was meant to lead to a picture of Joel, who is one of the MCs and a friend. Do buy their album, it's fukn good shit. And if you like Aussie Hip Hop, check out www.goodbuddha.com as well.
cheerio!

Chas said...

Thanks for that.

It was Joel's name typed into google that led me to TZU's website. One of the fuzzy photos there looked like it might be the Joel who went to my high school.

But seeing as Chas ain't my real name, telling him "Hi, from Chas" will mean nothing.

Ah, and it all becomes clear now. A quick look at Good Buddha (who I had heard of) and a bunch of other high school acquaintances are found.

Karma flying through the ether, I'd say.

I find running into old acquaintances online is only slightly less awkward than running into them in the street.

Now, what is the digital equivalent of *cough*, pretend to tie shoelace and hope they walk past without recognising me?

Gemnastics said...

Hmmm, does that mean you went to Fort St? That would be extremely 6-degrees of separation style spooky. Al and Andy from Good Buddha went there too: Andy being the famous "Cuzzybro" if you read my blog, as did one of my flatmates and several million other friends of mine...

Chas said...

Well, my policy on this blog is to not give too much away, but yes I went to Fort St. I was even in the same year as Joel, Andy (although I knew him as Andrew, and I am pretty sure CuzzyBro was only used for those most intimate with him) and Al, if you can believe that.

But, as an email that has reached me throught the grape vine (a shrivelled and sour grape vine at that!), that was 10 years ago and probably not worth remembering.

At least I don't remember, so I hope it isn't.