Thursday, July 15, 2004

I Blog: I somewhat agree

Help some students, fill out their survey about Blogging.

And a rant:

I found myself seriously wondering whether it was possible that this war on Iraq was started with the best intentions. I have always assumed some kind of sinister conspiracy, but now with all these enquiries stating that the assumption of WMDs clouded proper research and that it was all a vast form of collective denial fueled by revenge that let this happen. But then I remembered sitting up at 4 in the morning watching Colin Powell address the UN. The look in his eyes as he prattled off information that he, as an intelligent moderate thinker, knew was 20 kilometres below the threshold of scientific or legal proof. The fact that the UN Weapons Inspectors (remember them?) were making progress PROVING that Saddam had no WMD, having to put up with logic like:

USA: Saddam has WMD
UN Weapons Inspectors: Then we will find them. (later) It is looking like he doesn't have any.
USA: We have it on good authority that he does.
UWI: Then please provide us with the information, so we can find them.
USA: We can't, its secret.
UWI: Then give us a hint.
USA: The information is conclusive.
UWI: If that is true, then we will find the WMDs in a couple of weeks.
USA: That's too late, we need to invade now. We have it on good authority that destruction is imminent.
UWI: In that case, fuck secrets, tell us the info, we will expose Saddam for the fraud he is and you can invade.
USA: You are taking too long.
UWI: Tell us where to look.
Colin Powell under duress: Look, look, sand!!! Attack is imminent. Saddam has trains and trucks.
UWI: And?
USA: Trains and trucks OF MASS DESTRUCTION. Look out behind you!
UWI: Ok, we'll get back to work now, doing something useful. Like actually looking for WMDs.
USA: You take too long and are useless. Fuck you! Fuck France!
UWI: France?
France: Fuck you!
USA: Tony, John, get ready, bend over, we are going to WAR!!!
Australia & England: Fuck you!
John Howard & Tony Blair: No, fuck us!
USA: Allrighty then!!!

Then I feel better about uncovering the sinister conspiracy. Then worse. Then better.

It keeps me going.

No comments: