Monday, July 26, 2004

Monday's Moody Blues

Garfield was my favourite comic to read when I was young. In fact, it was the only comic I read. I loved it. It has had a huge impact on my personality. I love lasagne, I am content to be "large boned", I am cynical, sarcastic, lovable deep down and I hate Mondays. I can't seem to ever sustain a reasonably happy mood on Mondays. C'est la vie, je suppose. Tant pis!

I read with amusement that security officials presiding over our athletes in Athens next month are not allowed to be armed (followed by a whole wealth of whinging from various polititians, including the NSW governement who did all that whinging when the Greeks wanted armed guards here for the torch relay). They are allowed to bring weapons into the country, but they will have to leave their arms at the stadium door. For a second, I thought I had missed the Olympics and the Paralympics had started.

2 comments:

Gemnastics said...

Yay Garfield! Did you ever watch the cartoon movie, where those crazy natives started worshipping the bumper bar on a car, chanting "Chrome, chrome, chrome, bop-bop-a-lee-bop..."?

Chas said...

I did watch the cartoon from time to time, despite it being a travesty on the sacred tome that was Garfield (much like this new movie). I have no recollection of any episodes, although I seemed to remember screaming "Chrome, chrome, chrome, bop-bop-a-lee-bop..." one night on the turps, not knowing from whence it came.

In fact, the only reason I know I used to watch the cartoon was because when Garfield's voice turned up in Ghostbusters, I remember popping a vein in my temple in sheer awe. Especially as he voiced Shaggy, from memory.

Ah, the memories...where did they go?