"I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way." - Franklin P Adams - Eggzactly. I find one of the true pleasures in life is to look a word up in the dictionary, pausing along the way when my peripheral vision catches an interesting word, learning about the wonderful new word that I was previously completely oblivious to, trying desperately to remember what word it was I was originally looking for, remembering, moving on, seeing another completely foreign and fascinating word to discover, forgetting the original completely and having to go look out the window, mourning what could have been had I found the word I was looking for and, finally, becoming cheerful for the fact that may not have gained knowledge about the one word I was looking for, but that my vocabulary is now two words stronger.
Speaking of eggs, lunch today on the No Choice Diet may have included eggs, but I will never know as I eggzauhsted myself at the gym yesterday and passed out before making lunch. So today has been officially declared "Eat Out Day". It should be a public holiday.
Mao...etc etc ... Dreaming etc etc.
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people from coughing." - Sir Ralph Richardson - Heh. Giggle. Guffaw. Chortle.
Thursday, July 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment