I recently was contacted by a clever little prawn named German Chan. He had become dissatisfied with his life under a tyranical regime in his home under the sea. Knowing of Zoocity's compassionate stance on refugees and our rules of requiring only the sponsorship of a citizen, he asked me to be the sponsor for his family, friends and himself.
I glady agreed.
He recently arrived in Zoocity. I have found accomodation for him and suggested that they disguise themselves as cashew nuts, until such time as the Zoocity society is accepting of sentient prawns (which, unfortunately, it is not).
Moved by his account of his journey, the visciousness of the regime he has escaped and touched by his courage to find a better life for those closest to him, I suggested he compose his story in blog form. He agreed.
His chronicle can be found at The Prawns Of The Nut World.
Wednesday, July 28, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment