Many people (or at least many of my internal voices) have asked me how I remain so calm, even in highly stressful circumstances. My immediate answer is to throw my stapler at them and mumble to myself about self-replicating nano-bots that will destroy them, the whole world and their stupid question asking ways.
However, once the blood has drained from my ear lobes, I give the idea some thought. There was a time where I would remain calm on the outside, yet quietly seethe on the inside that the situation was not going my way. The solution was an elegant one. Not have a way. There is no such thing as MY way, Sinatra aside. There is OUR way or THE way. I can truthfully say that I no longer bubble away on the inside. I treat stress as a challenge and find myself actually enjoying situations that confront me. I used to shun difficult situations and difficult people. I find them life affirming these days.
It is ALL part of the cycle of life and death. If you can see the beauty in life, you can see the beauty in death. If you can enjoy a happy moment, you can enjoy a sad one. If you can find compassion for someone you like, you can find it for someone you hate.
Which is a roundabout way of saying READ IDLEPROCESS. FUNNY!!!
Tuesday, July 06, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment