Tuesday, July 20, 2004

QLC

I don't have much to say this morning. I am only saying what I am saying as I want to blog at least once a day, and unless my mood perks up significantly throughout the day, I doubt I'll bother writing anything else.

I am resigned to a week at least of depression, the manic high from the other week needs to be burnt off. Thank Blog for quarterlife crises, which seems to be all the rage in Blogistan at the moment - I have now read countless accounts of QLC around the place in the last week - 'cause if you can get through one of those (and mine was a "picking around at the stony bottom trying to find a way of getting even lower" type of QLC) without offing yourself, your character is in good stead to survive the highs and lows of daily living.

Of course, it is winter and quite miserable in Sydney at the moment, which is a type of weather I relish, but only as I like the downs more than the highs. And naturally, all the fuses are blowing in my apartment, which is depressing, although I should say my folks' appartment, as my QLC led to me needing to move back home to recover (thank Blog for that safety net. Although I probably wouldn't have plumbed the depths I did, had I no safety net), which is depressing, all the electricals - the dryer, the washer, the cable tv, the cable modem and the playstation are acting up thanks to the fuses blowing, blowing thanks to the heaters, which is depressing, not to mention cold; as I have resigned myself to not putting my heater on, to try and stop the fuses blowing, as I am desperately trying to get past the 14 million demons I have to kill on the game I am playing to get to some moderately interesting narrative, which I enjoy more than the killing, not that I don't enjoy the killing, which is depressing, especially as the fuses blow just as I am getting to a save point, which is depressing, which is fine, as I prefer depressed to manic, although I would rather neutral, which I find difficult to maintain, as I end up manic, which I don't like, so choose to stay closer to down than up, not that I am manic-depressive, or not diagnosed, at least, as I did three years of psychology and know enough about it to self-diagnose, but also know enough about it to know that it's more hyperchondria than manic-depressive, although the highs can be really high and the lows REALLY low, but it is probably in my head, which is depressing.

Thank Blog I enjoy it, especially as I enjoy the challenge of controlling it now, which is something I never did before. The Blog helps. Streaming consciousness is cathartic. Not too fun on you, the readers, but I don't have any of those, except myself - so I am the one who has to trawl through this shit, which is depressing.

Update: fixed some typos and some great quotes:

"Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do." - Jean-Paul Satre
"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence." - Robert Frost

No comments: