In fact, it is.
More interesting than the crap about Orlando Bloom being the next James Bond. More intriguing than the more likely rumour that Eric Bana will be 007. More tantalising than...any other news I have read today.
The co-writer of the Bill and Ted's movies (love them, be excellent to each other), the writer of Men In Black (too short, but i do love it...secretly.) and Charlie's Angels (ok, ok, I love this one too, hated the sequel, HATED IT, except for Demi Moore, who only only hated lower case) has signed on the write THE BIG FRIENDLY GIANT. Woot. Woo-hoo. Yes. WOOT. YAY! I love Roald Dahl, I love all his books. The movies based on his books (Witches, Willy Wonka, Giant Peach) have been so-so. His script for You Only Live Twice (yes, the Bond film) is one of the best. THE BFG is sacred. The best book, except for Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, which is being made by Tim Burton, with Johnny Depp as Wonka. Snozzcumbers!!! They better nail this one. And Charlie.
Thursday, July 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY! Pernicious Knids! But I must disagree with you about Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory being so-so. It's fabulous. And I still have a crush on Gene Wilder.
It has been a long time since I saw it, I was just a wee todger. I did love it and often sing "Oompa Loompa oompatidoo, I've got a little something for you!". If I weren't a flaming heterosexual, I would have a crush on Gene Wilder too.
But Gem, it wasn't dark enough. Dark, Gem. Dark! Depressingly, mind numbingly dark. My overridding memory of reading the book was of darkness. Willy Wonka was evil! He killed all those kids, then tried to make Charlie, good-natured, wonderous Charlie take over from his evil empire with his Glass Elevator of TEMPTATION, Gem. Dark!
Tim Burton will make it dark. Crap, but dark. Probably too dark. When I said I hope they nail Charlie, I didn't mean it literally.
Post a Comment